Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Boot Camp Day 2

Before I start yes I know i skipped Boot Camp day 1.... But I couldn't move enough to type it....

After reading about all the fun that I had this morning, I know you will want to sign up too..
You can do this at http://www.extremefittraining.com/

Well for the ones that don't know I joined an exercise boot camp in an effort to cut some inches from the mid section... Day one was unbelievable tough and I hurt in places I did not know existed.

Well last night i played cards till 11 and not getting in bed till around 12:15. So, needless to say 5Am came early... And yes for those of you that know me I did say 5Am....

So up at 5, grab my shorts, shirt and shoes.... Oh yeah.. Zoey came alone for the ride.... And out the door we went...

Camp started at 5:30,

Warm Up: Indian Runs with a twist... If you ever did indian runs on the soccer fields these are a little different the line doesn't run but the person on the end does a Salomon Run through all the people. Now don't think if you are not running you are getting off easy.... ha... When each person starts to run you start a new exercise... Theses could be but not limited to ... Jumping Jacks, High Knees, Kick you Booties, Some kind of jumping exercise that I can't remember the name of.... etc... And that is just the warm up.... and your heart is already pounding through your chest.... BUT THE CALARIES ARE BURNING>>>>>

Now for the fun....
We choose a partner the first partner goes to the starting line of this Cone Square of Death (SOD) (Maybe not that bad). As they start there exercise which i think the first one was side frog jumps around the SOD. Now again don't think you are just hanging out if you are not SOD. You are doing Bicep Curls until you partner returns.... Thank goodness for fast partners hehe. The SOD exercise were things like, Frog Jumps Sideways, and Frog Jumps Forward, High knee Jog, Walking Lunges, Running backwards, etc.... While the others are doing Bicep Curls, Triceps Extensions, Mountain Climbers, etc...

If you haven't noticed the etc is there because I was losing oxygen to my brain and can't remember them.. I just do whatever Rachel say mindlessly.

So, after the this set of fun and calorie burning activity... Rachel notices that someone is missing from our Boot Camp... The poor person unfortunately lives close by... So what does that mean... Funny you should ask... It means Rachel leads us in a 30 sec walk, 30 sec jog and 30 sec sprint to her house.... I am so glad I live 5 miles away.. heheh

After our early morning visit with the boot camper that didn't make it... Bet they are there from now on..hehe We take a little jog to this nice big hill... I just love hills... Asked a mountain bike buddy one time while pedaling up bump who put this hill here.. His answer was GOD... Can't really argue with that one can ya... Ok back to boot camp. So, this hill is about to be conquered by all... Way to go Boot Campers... Back to our partners; First partner does a sprint to the top of the hill, while the other partner is doing Mountain Climbers and jumping lunges ( oh fun ). After those everyone takes a little run BACKWARDS up the hill... Hams and buts are burning like no other got to love it...

Once we finish that nice little jog back to the field. Once back there time for everyone's favorite is a nice set of exercises for abs... Side planks, Planks and Crunch holds while making circles and magic fingers to the sky...

The boot camp is awesome Rachel does a wonderfully job... Some of the things she thinks of can only come from a deranged exercise trainer... but it is awesome and you feel like you had a work out when finished.

LOVE IT!!!

Get out there and do something.....

1 comment:

Nadia said...

Love it! Very thorough breakdown of the torture we are enduring! :)